Страна:
Регион:
Значение:
Время визита:
Описание:
This Roman Catholic Church was owned by the Jesuit monks who in 1644 appeared in Eger. The Order house of the Jesuit built between 1700–1727. The church was only started around 1730, and completed in 1743, designed by a local the Jesuit architect. The church interior design is also time-consuming because only completed in 1772. A year later Joseph II. banned from the empire of the Jesuit order, so they are must to leave the church. The treasures transported to Buda, the buildings was received to the Cistercian Order. In 1800, this building is damaged by fire, and a number of small natural disaster, finally the church was restored in 1888 and then rebuilt again between 1900–1902 designed by Ignac Selves. The alcoves of the faAade made in rococo style, which housed of four Jesuit saints: St. Ignatius of Loyola, St. Francis Xavier, St. Francis RAgis, and St. Stanislaus Kostka. The building is part of the high school, which was founded in 1754 and has since changed its name several times and now Istvan Dobo (former Captain of Eger Castle) is named. The main altar built in 1769 by Anton Kraus is an outstanding work of Hungarian Baroque sculpture. — Here you will find the Vitkovics Family House, not far from the Serbian church. The House of Vitkovics coined Vitkovics Mihaly,- a Serbian and Hungarian poet, translator and lawyer,- who wrote poetry in Serbian and Hungarian, in 1778 was born in this house.
Категории:
Зачем посещать:
Интерес:
Физподготовка:
Лучшее время:
Доступ:
Roads:
Rates:
Free
Details:
Opening hours: by booking
Clothing:
for the season
Connection:
Ok
