Palaces were built on a grand scale not only by the Qajars, but also by the Safavids (1502-1736). Evidence of this is the Ali-Kapu palace complex, inscribed in the architectural frame of the famous Isfahan square. Built at the beginning of the 17th century, it was a complex seven-story structure, from the spacious gallery of which the Persian kings could watch military parades. Particularly curious is the sixth floor of the palace. It was called the Musical, because it was here that excellent acoustic conditions were created for the performance of musical works. Royal receptions and banquets were also held here, as well as the most spacious and striking luxury rooms.