The Tourlitis Lighthouse looks like it’s straight out of Harry Potter. It sits atop a narrow stone spire poking out of the Aegean Sea off the Greek island of Andros. Originally built in 1897, the lighthouse was destroyed in World War II and rebuilt on the rock in the early 1990s. The stone spire was shaped by thousands of years of erosion, making it the optimal pedestal for a lighthouse (both functionally and aesthetically). Adding to its fantasy-like appearance, a carved stone staircase winds up the rock to the structure itself. After its reconstruction, Tourlitis became Greece’s first automated lighthouse, operating without an on-site keeper.